Art of Physiotherapy
The treatment approach helps in the recovery of the patient by getting him or her back to his daily activities. It’s not limited only to rehabilitation, but has diversified now and plays an active role in preventing injuries and promoting health and fitness.
It focuses on the science of movement employing a holistic approach to treatment, modifying patients’ lifestyles and engaging them in their own rehabilitation.
It has become a crucial part of every medical domain whether orthopaedics, neurology, cardiorespiratory, gynaecology, sports injuries, paediatrics.
It explains and defines the way of life.
The expertise of a physiotherapist?
A good physiotherapist has in-depth knowledge of the biomechanics of joints, anatomy of muscles and nerves through which he diagnoses the root cause of the problem and makes treatment protocol accordingly. He is skilful in the application of various manual techniques required to correct biomechanical default. Like our Physiotherapist, innovative in designing different treatment protocols as per the patient’s condition. Book your appointment today.
Ideal characteristics of a physiotherapist
- Skilful in diagnosing the root cause
- Good councillor
- Good communication skills
A Physiotherapist can treat a wide range of conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Post fracture stiffness
- Soft tissue injuries (ligament sprains and tendon injuries)
- Post-surgical rehab
- Arthritis (OA, RA, gouty)
- Neurological conditions
- Post any brain injury
- Post-surgery rehab
- Bell’s palsy
- Nerve injuries
- Spine conditions
Prolapsed disc (PIVD) – bulge , protrusion,extrusion leading to radiculopathy
Cervical conditions – cervical spondylosis, muscle sprains, wry neck
- Gynaecological Conditions
Antenatal rehab – preparing for normal delivery
Treating common problems in pregnancy like back pain, urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, upper back pain, hand and leg swelling.
Postnatal rehab – regaining strength and flexibility, improving endurance, breastfeeding tips and posture care.
- Sports injuries – preventing sports injuries
- Cardiorespiratory conditions
Breathing difficulties of various respiratory disorders
Critical care patients
Book Your Appointment
What to expect from your physiotherapist?
- He will identify root cause of your problem through his skillful diagnosis and then make treatment protocol accordingly.
- He is your teacher who educates you towards what is right and what is wrong for you. He will guide you in rehabilitation but always ensure you be a good student following him or her religiously. Don’t expect recovery only by a single session given by him in a day .His effort has to be backed up by your homework and precautions entire day. He will involve you in your own recovery. So get you free physiotherapy consultation Today!
What is Evidence-Based Physiotherapy?
Evidence means facts on which any clinical decision can be made.
In today’s changing trends in the field of physiotherapy where this profession has grown and people are also aware of their condition practising evidence-based treatment is the only way, a physiotherapist can speed the recovery of patients giving the best results.
Understanding 5 A’s of EBP :
- Ask: formulating answerable question (differential diagnosis)
- Access: Think about the best evidence
- Appraise: appraise the evidence for its validity
- Apply: integrate results with your clinical expertise
- Assess: evaluating the effectiveness of the process.
Benefits of Home Physiotherapy
- Reduces travel cost
- Saves time
- One to one treatment
- Patient-centric protocols can be developed
- More patient education
***Book your Home physiotherapy session today!***
Treatment protocol in Home rehabilitation –
We in Revival Healthcare services follow these steps for ensuring maximal patient satisfaction and best patient recovery:
STEP 1 – Correct diagnosis
STEP 2 – Explanation about the problem to the patient in basic ways not using too many medical terminologies.
STEP 3 – As per the level of problem setting right expectations to patients as well as his family members about his recovery.
STEP 4 – Correct education about precautions to be followed
STEP 5 – Formulating treatment protocol with goal setting of functional activities.
Steps in treatment :
Muscles need to be strengthened in a progressive manner for long term maintenance. They also have a memory that needs to be recalled and maintained through stepwise rehab.
- Step 1 – pain management, basic exercises and precautions to be followed.
- Step 2 – increasing level of exercises from basic to intermediate level
- Step 3 – Advance level of exercises
Physiotherapist needs immense patience to treat one sick patient who is already in distress because of his pain.
It’s the aim of physiotherapists to make patients understand that working on PAIN is not the aim of physiotherapy. Pain is just a blanket over the actual root cause. That blanket needs to be removed first and then actual work needs to be started i.e on muscle strengthening and flexibility.
Also, patients’ efforts need to be equal along with the physiotherapist for best outcomes and faster recovery.